a couple months ago my sweet friend asked if i would help her make a bird mobile for her baby girl's nursery. i usually jump at the chance to craft with a friend, so i said yes. i found the tutorial on this super cute blog and Kahea provided the fabric so we got straight to work.
i must say, i was pretty nervous to see if my beginner sewing skills would be a good match for this project. so nervous, i made Kahea sew her birds while i cut all the fabric out and pinned everything. once i saw how easy it was i went home and tried it myself.
i'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. the original tutorial calls for eye hooks and branches to make the mobile but for the life of me i could not get the balance figured out. so i resorted to using embroidery circles and made it more of a chandelier. not as cute but still totally works.
here's a top view of the fabric Kahea let me take home.
and a view of the belly. sorry the pictures are all crazy, i had trouble with the lighting.