|Christmas decorations look super classy on security screens. i know.|
i saw these questions on another blog and thought it would be nice if i actually made a blog post and put them in it.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Both. But if you add peppermint to the hot chocolate I’ll become paralyzed in the decision making process. I’ll probably ask for a million recommendations, then choose the opposite of what everyone suggests. Ugh. I CANNOT make decisions.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I wrap presents, and love spending the time making all the tiny folds and ensuring my tape is hidden. Then adorning them with pretty embellishments.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I never have but always want to.
5. When do you put your decorations up? A week or so after Thanksgiving. I like to linger a little on each holiday.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mashed potatoes.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? As a tiny girl I remember standing on my dad’s feet dancing in front of the tree with wrapping paper surrounding us. As an adolescent, jumping on my dad and stepmom’s bed to wake them up.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The year my parents were separated, I begged my mom to let me open a gift early and she kept telling me there was only one that year and if I opened it early I wouldn’t have any to open on Christmas morning. I didn’t believe her because I thought Santa would come with more. to prove her point she let me open it….
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Colorful glass balls, ornaments that my stepmom has given me every year, and the kids handmade ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Lalalalove it!
12. Can you ice skate? I don’t think I’ve ice skated since I was in elementary school… but I probably could if I tried.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child I remember getting a Cabbage Patch Doll pack’n’play and baby swing. As an adult, my sewing machine.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Making sure we teach our kids the true meaning of Christmas, and starting our own traditions.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie, Cinnamon Vanilla Gelato, and Candy Cane Joe Joe’s. I love sugar.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Tamales.
17. What tops your tree? A silver star.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I LOVE to spend time picking out the perfect gift for each person. But I also LOVE getting awesome gifts that people were thoughtful about.
19. Candy canes: Yuck or Yummy? I would take a bight out of one and not hate it. But I probably wouldn’t eat a whole one. I do LOVE them in Candy Cane Joe Joe’s!!!
20. Favorite Christmas show? Charlie Brown Christmas
21. Saddest Christmas song? Mary Did You Know. Kills me every time.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know.
sorry i've been super lame. i still have a grip of stuff to post about because i've been burning the crap out of my fingertips with all my crafting, but i'm still not really in the mood to post a blog about it.
i hope you are all enjoying your holiday season and being intentional about the time you spend with your loved one. my husband is on vacation and we are enjoying the unlimited time we get with him each day. the kids love their daddy and i adore my soul mate. this time is precious and we will not let it go to waste.
it is also our first time not spending the holidays with our giant family. its a little bittersweet because we love them so much and miss them deeply, but we are so excited to make this holiday our own for our little family.
love you all!